Friday, September 12, 2008

So Long No See

I have been so caught up with school this week. I am so glad it is the weekend. My school is introducing all of their clubs this week; it is overwhelming. I am thinking that I am going to try for Yearbook Staff, Student Council (How do you like Madi B. for VP?), Peer Mediation, Whiz Quiz, and National Junior Honor Society, along with Tennis and Golf. Yeah, I'm a pretty busy person. I am so rushed with all these deadlines and stuff. I'm dedicating this weekend to me (hopefully that works out).

Today in Science we made our own salad dressing. My group aimed for a sweet, but tangy taste, so we used raspberries. All was well until we tried squeezing the berries. They didn't have any juice like we thought. So we mashed them and threw them in the bottle. Other than that incident, pouring way to much vegetable oil in the mixture, spilling the bottle, tasting the sample and almost puking, running out of salad, and other accidents, everything went great. The end result actually tasted pretty well. The teacher liked it! Our recipe you may ask? Well, we guess that we used:

175 mL of Red Wine Vinegar
15 mL of water
30 mL of vegetable oil
pinch of pepper
1 shake of Paprika
1 shake of garlic salt
2+ tablespoons of sugar
30 mL of lime and orange juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
And, don't forget...
20 or so mashed raspberries
*Results may vary!!!

Last night, my town had a meeting to decide what kind of parks and entertainment we needed in the city. My dad is an avid mountain biker, so I went to support him and to represent the USTA(national tennis association; my coach asked me to). Small town only has three public tennis courts that are in pretty bad shape. Anyway, I was the youngest one at the meeting. We were split into groups so I was away from my dad, but with one of my friend's mom. I spoke about how we need more mountain bike trails, more tennis courts, and how our activity center needs more fitness activities for young teens (the only ones are for ages 3-10 or 18+). A reporter started quoting me and eventually asked how old I was, etc. I'm guessing I'm going to be in the newspaper. Overall, I got to fight the man and eat cookies. Pretty cool!

Be happy, my friends, and have a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

Travis said...

I guess the Temp is relative. Last time I came home from AL it was 78 here and I was shivering. When I left it was 55, in AL it was 98. I am honored to be on your page, and love the tunes. Say hey to the familia.

Sonia said...

Wow, I am so impressed by you! Although, I always knew you'd do big things as soon as you could! Glad to see you are already so involved! Keep us updated on how the city plans are coming along!

Leslie said...

Oh, Madi...You are sooo much like your Father!! Love Ya!

Mom