Friday, September 19, 2008

The Race is On

As I said in another post, I am running for Vice President of my school's Student Council. Little did I know that 4 other people are doing the same thing. The election is on the 23rd (my half birthday!!!) so I have a busy weekend ahead. I am making T-shirts for me and my friends to wear, posters to hang on the wall, and pencils to hand out that say "Vote Madi B. for V.P." I am just so anxious to get this over with. I am tired of students coming up to me and saying, "I'm not voting for you!" O.K., I don't care if your voting for me or not, but please get out of my way. On top of the election, I have to talk in front of my church, play piano accompaniment for a choir, do homework and projects, babysit, blah, blah, blah. Oh yeah; tomorrow I get to wake up at 5:45 in the morning to go to a party. It's going to be fun, but why not 7:00, or 8:00. This is where my handy optimism comes in. Hopefully it will be enough. I can tell already this is going to be a no-nap weekend.

Madi B for VP

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You are going to do great! Your posters are awesome! I am just proud that you are willing to give it a try! I'd vote for you. O.K., so I'm your mom...but I'd still vote for you! Love Ya!