Friday, October 3, 2008

Finally, Vice President of Something

Today I had a National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) meeting. During the gathering, we elected the officers. I decided to go for VP and the vote was unanimous, I was elected (actually, I was the only one running for the position, but facts are facts). I also made the yearbook staff but had to choose between StuCo or yearbook. My school had the brilliant idea that you could only be in one club (NJHS meets before school so I can stay), so I chose StuCo. Hopefully we do something this year. I have been doing well in school; I get my report card next week. I am having some problems with a couple teachers, but I can be flexible (maybe).

I got my haircut yesterday! It was getting a little long and the layers were long gone, but now, I feel great! I was needing one badly. I also had my braces tightened. The orthodontist replaced two of my brackets and added on another three. I hurt! They also said I wasn't finished. Oh great!On another note, I am reading a really good book now for the second time: A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier. I am using it for a biography in Language Arts. I recommend this book, but it is a little unthinkable.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Glad to see you're back in the saddle!

Travis said...

Awesome, Congrats on the VP nomination.