Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Day on the Lake

Summer went out with a bang. One of my friend's sister was supposed to go to this lake with all of her firends. When they bailed out on her, she asked my friend to invite a couple of people to go out with them. I was chosen. We spent the day on a lake, jetskiing, wakeboarding, and, of course, tubing. It was my first time jetskiing, so I had a great time. I've wakeboarded before and I got some air coming out of the wake (not a first for the superlight me). I questioned tubing, though. My cousins and I are some serious tubers. A couple years ago, I almost broke my nose twice coming down after a 6 foot jump. This ride wasn't that deadly. I had a great time holding on for dear life with two other people on a 5 foot tube.

So all this talk about tubing and some of you are wondering, "What the heck is tubing?" Well, it's a "sport" that uses a tube (looks like a big donut with the hole filled in) that one or two people can lay across on. The tube is pulled by a boat (or jetski) and the fun is all the twists and turns that the driver lays on the tube.

Anyway, a great end to summer. Hope the school year is just as fun. Have you had any tubing experiences?

2 comments:

The Ollila's said...

Love the blog, Madi!! You have done a really good job. Maybe you could help me out with mine now?!?
It sounds like you have had a really great summer. Although the reaction to the shot doesn't sound so fun. Kinda scary, actually.
Good luck with school and getting back into a routine.
Alicia

Sonia said...

I love your blog! I'm so glad you got the playlist working! It was soo great getting to see you for lunch last week! You know I just adore you! You are one of my favorite people ever!!!! Sounds like you had a blast during vacation! Good luck with school, I can't wait to hear all about it! See ya, Sonia!